Musings of a Postmodern Negro

"During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable, even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism."- Howard Thurman

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 10, 2005

Sweet Home Alabama

Heading to Alabama this afternoon for the weekend. The kids will be spending a couple of weeks with their grandparents in the Magic City.

This will be an interesting time. I have never had "all" 50 of my chillens away from me for so long. Especially my baby girl, Deborah. Me and the wife will be able to spend sometime together...alone! Thank you Jesus!

Anyways...I'm still reflecting on this concept of the "embracing church". This weekend frees me up to re-read some authors I have shelved that deal with the issue of race and Christianity (e.g. Cornel West). I might dig up his Reader. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger gavin richardson said...

since we do the family thing in b'ham we should plan to meet up there if possible. shalom, gav

June 22, 2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger postmodernegro said...

gavin,

mos definitely. are you going to be in b'ham for the fourth of july weekend?

June 23, 2005 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home