Musings of a Postmodern Negro

"During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable, even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism."- Howard Thurman

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 29, 2005

Is God trying to tell us something? Pt. 1: The State of the Church in General

From The Soul of Rod Garvin:

On Monday July 18, 2005 I was browsing through my email inbox trying to decide what I wanted to read first and what I would simply delete. In the "Subject" field of my daily dispatch from the Charlotte Observer was the following headline: "Why many of us don't go to church." As someone who loves God, but at times finds himself dragging himself out of bed to go church as if I'm going to work, I reflexively clicked on the email to see why people in the Charlotte area (a microcosm of the larger society) did not even bother to go at all. More..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home