Musings of a Postmodern Negro

"During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable, even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism."- Howard Thurman

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Church, Embracing Grace, and Racism

Scot McKnight of Jesus Creed has started a string of posts dealing with racism and racial divisions in the church. This brother is practicing Pentecost. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I believe he has given a very helpful way to reflect on these issues. Part 1 and Part 2.

3 Comments:

Anonymous l said...

good reference. stop by my blog if ya get a chance. sincerely, modern negro

September 27, 2005 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Sense Light said...

Anthony...I found your site! Loved your comments on Jesus Creed and I read your paper on "Practicing Pentecost"...challenging..thought provoking...well done!

Anywho, wanted you to know I am reading you now...later!

September 29, 2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger fr'nklin said...

Same here Anthony...great paper and comments. I'm relearning what it means to talk about racism and the Gospel...you've helped.

September 29, 2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home